Thursday, May 22, 2008

How Bizarre

Well. Now I'm here in my new apartment in the real world life post-college, all on my own (since my roommate is out of town).

Weird.

It's like a strange sort of vacation, except you're not sure how you'll get home because you're out of money and have no plane ticket.

I had a very indulgent day yesterday.

My mom hung around until late afternoon of course, she can't just tidy up and leave quietly like a normal person. She has to stay until the last possible moment and then suddenly find 10 more things to do or take a bath or something. She spent the last couple of days organizing and arranging MY apartment to her liking. Then before she left she felt the need to take me around room by room and show me everything like some crazed obsessive compulsive realtor with a rage problem. I will now spend the next 4 days arranging everything to MY liking and probably messing some shit up just to spite her.

Yes, I'm petty. I don't deny it. I'm being indulgent remember?

So anyway, I took her to the train station - where she had too many bags to actually manoeuvre on the train by herself but she refused my help so I just quit and went home - and then rode back on the A train uptown and walked up my street to my apartment.

I closed the door and looked around.

It was so quiet. And the hallway is totally full of trash that I need to take out, and my bedding all needs to be washed, and I have to hang pictures and things and organize shelves and somehow fit everything else into three tiny closets. But this is it: my new life.

I emailed off my resume to a bunch of temp agencies.

Then I realized: I was alone in my new apartment and had no one to watch me or scold me or guilt me and I could do anything in the world I wanted and no one would ever know.

And you know what I did? I smoked a bowl and watched Grey's Anatomy (OH MY GOD for anyone who saw that episode I SOBBED THROUGH THE WHOLE LAST 10 MINUTES) and then I had a glass of wine and took a long hot shower with my music on in the bathroom. When I got out I danced around my room in my underwear and then had an earth-shattering orgasm.

And after all that I went about doing the things I needed to do. But god, it was such a blissful couple of hours, I could have cried I was so happy.

Now I have to do laundry in my sketchy laundry room. I hope I don't see any rats.

1 comment:

i am madame said...

i want a bowl!!!!

where was your hook-up in france, ps? i am dry as... gonna leave that one up to your imagination actually.


congrats on the real world, love. feel ya on the weird vacation sentiments.

be well.