Monday, April 09, 2007

The Other Life

I saw The Lives of Others tonight. Oh my god, what an AMAZING film. So beautiful and engaging and compelling and sad. And hopeful. And scary!
Go Germans! I may not prefer you to the French (sorry, I do have my loyalties) but you make a damn fine film. And its the filmakers FIRST major film! Gross! I hate brilliant people! You make me feel so...well not brilliant I guess. Ugh - well said Deb, very eloquent. Your thesis is due in like a WEEK and that's the best you can come up with?! You are doomed.

And talked to yourself.

Anyway, I couldn't help thinking during the film though, "no way a playwright and his actress girlfriend would have that nice of an apartment, I don't care HOW in bed with the government they were."

At least not my government anyway.

Oh wait, I forgot. My government has stripped the whole country of any artistic consciousness, thereby neutralizing any danger it might have posed to them.

Man, they're good.

In other news, my thesis really is due on the 16th. And I do have an exam on the 12th. And my portfolio is due...well pretty much tomorrow. And my acting class gets our new teacher on tuesday, to whom I would like to make a good impression but, I'm not crossing my fingers. Since my partner is AWFUL and never wants to rehearse. And I don't know when I'm going to be able to do a play again. I think I'm gonna have to wait for fall.

It looks like I'm headed to Seattle, to my parents house for the summer. Brace yourselves. Hopefully I won't completely lose my mind. And if I do, hopefully Hervé can help me put it back together again before classes start in the fall.
Hopefully I'll lose 25 pounds and get a tan.

Hahaha.

Ok hopefully I can get a job.



Why is the server down on a certain website, preventing me from reading my messages? Hmmmm? Just to torture me? Very clever.

No comments: