Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why are all the good ones jaded?

I'm so tired of hearing these absurd generalities.
You can tell me 16 times that Love is a trap
don't you think I know?
Don't you think I know better than anyone?
Much better than you?
You've loved one person in your entire life
and she left you
and GOD am I sorry about that, if I could go back in time and convince her to stay I would, I really would, just to see you not crawling through life jaded like you do now, trusting no one, letting no one in.

All I have is what I can give you
which is everything
why isn't that enough?

All I want is to go to bed at night knowing that someday I'll see you again
Three times, Twice a year, once a year.
I don't care.
Just knowing that someday I will find my way back into your arms, back in front of that smile, back next to that man...I don't think anything else matters.

I'm not asking for anything.
I'm just asking you not to push me away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by accident a few months ago. There are times it really hits me in my gut; this post certainly did, so I wanted to comment finally.

You seem like a lovely person, and I truly believe (though life can be harsh) you will find happiness and comfort and everything wonderful -- you deserve all that.

-MCK