Monday, August 27, 2007

Nice.

Listen, you know what? I am a nice person, I like being a nice person, being nice is very important to me. I want people to think I am kind and fair.

And I am, so fuck you.

So today I had another one of those horribly unsettling incidents when someone tries to undermine you by using your nice-ness.
They pull something dirty and treacherous and then make you stopping them doing that not nice thing (robbing you blind and sideways) seem like YOU doing something terribly not nice.
Which is absurd and unfair.
And it is that very kind of behavior that makes it so hard to be nice in this world, that EXCUSES people who are not nice and makes them think its ok not to be nice, because nice people only get SCREWED OVER.
BEING NICE SHOULD BE EASY! WHY DO YOU ALL MAKE IT SO FUCKING HARD?!
Maybe if we all stopped being so fucking worried about ourselves and started just being nice then everyone else would be nice too and then you wouldn't have to be worried about yourself because no one who is nice would ever hurt you!
Wouldn't that be...nice?! FUCK!! ITS NOT FUCKING NUCLEAR FISSION!!

I mean god, save your aggression for the bedroom people! Or Tae Kwon Do! Jesus fucking christ!

Look, if there is a problem and you come to me when you discover it then maybe we can work together towards a compromise. I'll probably even be more than commonly generous, which I do AL THE TIME (remember, I'm a NICE PERSON).
But when you go behind my back, when you lie and cheat, and when you are not only not nice to me, but to whoever else may get pulled in along the way, then I have am not particularly inclined to be self-sacrificing! I mean I'm nice, but I'm not a doormat.

AND THEN to put the proverbial cherry on the passive aggressive sundae, you try and make me feel bad about standing up for myself?! HDJSKALHJKDSAHJDSKALHDJSAFKLHFDSJLKFDHJKLDFHJKDSLFHJSKAL!!!!
It makes me so angry because although you probably don't realize what you are doing, (people like you never tend to think on the grander scale) YOU ARE KILLING THE IMPULSE TO BE NICE IN PEOPLE!!!

Look, people would like to be nice, I really believe that. Its why people fucking love those Extreme Home Makoever shows, or when Oprah gives some poor family a new home and tons of crap, because we long, we simple LONG for niceness. It makes us feel good, and we would LOVE to be a part of it. People would love to be nice most of the time. Its so FUCKING OBVIOUS, its the most obvious logical thing in the world. But people learn, after encountering people like YOU, that when they are nice they get screwed. And instead of attaching that blame to YOU for SCREWING THEM, they blame themselves. Because people are too nice to blame YOU!! ISN'T THAT SWEET BUT PATHETIC?! We blame ourselves and we say, "well that's what I get for being nice". And so we stop being nice, eventually. And we don't blame people for being selfish and opportunistic and dishonest and cruel, we just stop being nice, thinking that we'll be prepared for it.

God its so sad.

Anyway, I'm continuing to be nice and hopefully I inspire other people to be nice too. And it makes me sad when people aren't and today is just one of those days.

The end.

Sorry that was so long. And that I swore and used the Lord's name in vain. But I just get so angry sometimes! Well anyway, you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read what you wrote, don't worry about these bad people who make you mad, you are such a great woman, and I gonna kick the ass of one ever will hurt you even if I had to pass the ocean, the one that care for you will be ever and ever there for you, toute la france et toute la famille va débarquer et leur casser la gueule à grand coup de botte dans les achicots bordel de putain de merde le premier connard qui s'avise de te faire du mal je vais lui arracher le fois avec mes mains RHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA toucher pas à cette femme ou sur ma vie je vous ferai payer au centuple, t'inquiéte pas ma belle tu auras toujours une place ici dans ce petit village ou tout le monde sera cool et honnéte avec toi. Ton petit français hervé bises

Anonymous said...

Those were some strong words there, Deb, but not nearly as strong as our friend Jean-Michele's here. Hoo-Wee!
I wonder if he would feel dumb if he realized that you weren't talking about a guy but a girl. Threatening to beat up a girl is so . . . creepy.

tête de linotte said...

down boys...